Join the Clothing The Gaps Fam in our Retail & Distribution Team
If you have a passion for fashion, and are looking to work for an organisation whose purpose is to influence social change that promotes equity so that Aboriginal people feel seen and heard, than we want to meet you!
Clothing The Gaps is an Aboriginal owned and led social enterprise based in Melbourne with a global presence . We are a fresh and dynamic fashion label managed by health professionals that celebrates Aboriginal people and culture.
We produce merch with a meaning and encourage people to wear their values on their tee.
We are looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team to work within our retail store and distribution space in a casual position as a Retail & Distribution Assistant.
This position will have several responsibilities so there is no chance any day will be slow! We are looking for someone to undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and customer engagement service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments
- Maintain stock inventory levels
- Picking and packing of merchandise for shipment and retail store
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
Located in vibrant Brunswick, this casual position will be required to work Monday to Sunday across a variety of shifts. You will bring reliability to the team, be self-motivated with solid customer service and retail skills.
Effective organisation and time management are also crucial skills that will assist you in securing this exciting and rewarding position.
Remuneration is under the General Retail Industry Award reflective of previous experience.
Clothing The Gaps is proud of the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment opportunities we are able to create here in Melbourne. This is an Identified role and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
Tell us all about yourself and apply here: https://form.jotform.com/ClothingTheGap/CasualJuly21
Applications close Monday 2nd August, 2021 at 6pm (AEST)