Represent ScarfRegular price $46.00
- Meets Ethical Clothing Australia guidelines.
- Knitted locally in Brunswick, Victoria on Wurundjeri Country.
- Scarf measures 175cm length and 20cm width.
- Made from 100% Acrylic.
Torres Strait Islander Flag meaning?
The Torres Strait Islander flag was designed by the late Mr Bernard Namok of Thursday Island. The flag symbolizes the unity and identity of all Torres Strait Islanders.
- The flag is emblazoned with a white Dhari (head dress) which is a symbol of Torres Strait Islander culture.
- The white five-pointed star beneath it symbolizes peace, the five major island groups and the navigational importance of stars to the seafaring people of the Torres Strait.
- The green represents the land, the black represents the people, and the blue the sea.
Learn more here Torres Strait Islander Flag.
Note: Permission has been received from the Torres Strait Islander Regional Council to reproduce the Torres Strait Islander Flag.
Aboriginal Flag Meaning?
Why a heart 💛? We have chosen to replace the ‘sun’ on the Aboriginal [-0-] flag with a heart due to copyright on this flag. This yellow heart, represents pride and love for Aboriginal people and culture. We wish the heart, didn't have to be a thing that's why we are also campaigning to #FreeTheFlag.
Learn more about the Aboriginal Flag